Today in History
Listings for Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
- 354 St. Augustine of Hippo in Numidia, Algeria
- 1833 Edwin Booth, American actor
- 1850 Robert Louis Stevenson, Scottish author (Treasure Island)
- 1856 Louis Brandeis, Supreme Court Justice (1916-39)
- 1876 E.J. Wilczynski --1932
- 1878 M. Dehn --1952
- 1915 Nathaniel Benchley
- 1922 Oskar Werner
- 1938 Jean Seberg
- 1949 Whoopi Goldberg
- 1849 Peter Burnett is elected 1st governor of California.
- 1921 The Sheik, starring Rudolph Valentino, is released.
- 1937 NBC forms first full symphony orchestra exclusively for radio.
- 1940 Walt Disney's "Fantasia" is released
- 1956 Supreme Court strikes down segregation on public buses.
- 1971 Mariner 9, is the first space ship to orbit another planet, Mars.
- 1982 Vietnam War Memorial dedicated in Washington DC
- 2003 Researches at Institute for Biological Energy Alternatives announce construction of synthetic virus in just two weeks.
That's all for today.