Today in History
Listings for Tuesday, October 6, 2020.
- 1784 P.C.F. Dupin --1873
- 1820 Jenny Lind, a Swedish nightingale
- 1846 George Westinghouse, responsible for alternating current in US.
- 1866 Reginald Aubrey Fessenden, broadcast 1st voice & music program.
- 1888 Li Ta-chao, cofounder with Mao Tse-tung of China's Communist Party
- 1908 Carole Lombard
- 1914 Thor Heyerdahl, anthropologist, explorer (Kon Tiki, Aku-Aku)
- 1942 Britt Ekland
- 1963 Elisabeth Shue
- 1970 Amy Jo Johnson
- 1889 Thomas Edison shows his first motion picture.
- 1927 "The Jazz Singer", 1st movie with a sound track, premieres.
- 1959 Soviet Luna 3, first successful photo spacecraft, impacts moon.
- 1973 Egypt and Syria invade Israel - The Yom Kippur war
That's all for today.