Today in History
Listings for Wednesday, May 24, 2017.
- 1686 Gabriel Daniel Fahrenheit, invented the thermometer
- 1938 Tommy Chong
- 1941 Bob Dylan
- 1943 Gary Burghoff
- 1944 Patti LaBelle
- 1945 Priscilla Presley
- 1955 Rosanne Cash
- 1963 Joe Dumars
- 1844 Samual F.B. Morse taps out "What Hath God Wrought"
- 1866 Berkeley named (for George Berkeley, Bishop of Cloyne).
- 1883 The Brooklyn Bridge opened by Pres. Arthur & Gov. Cleveland.
- 1899 In Boston, the 1st auto repair shop opens.
That's all for today.